Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Easter Sunday

Ham, green bean casserole, sweet potatoes with walnuts, fruit compote, fresh rolls, apple pie a la mode: Dee-lores pulled out all the stops. Dee-licious. She generously packed a care package for a repeat I am ashamed to say no longer exists. I had not seen them since I left for Florida in December so it was a nice visit. Don had lots of show and tell with a new gold pan and his very nice metal detector. Since Bear-Bear, their dog, went to heaven Don has become the patron of all the dogs in the neighborhood-passing out dog biscuits that they come to collect. Buster too. Delores caught me up on the latest with the Wingrove Hill crowd and the doings in town that I missed during the Winter. A very nice time.

Both boys called. Matt was supervising Audrey's Easter Egg Hunt in the back yard. Turns out he did not do what he told his brother he was going to do-take spray paint and color the dog's turds and kill two birds with an Easter Egg hunt. He does have some warped sense of humor-where it comes from I will never know. Pleasing day. Talked to my brother Rich a minute ago-he played in three separate musical performances today, had a fancy dinner at Heather and Tom's, saw his kids, and was ready for bed.

Sunshine and warmer today.