Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Sunday, March 25, 2007

So...What Next?

My ankles look normal...for me. I am suspicious that sleep, or lack of it, enters into this equation. Spent some time on the Internet researching and there are possible connections-aldosterone depends on serotonin and is responsible for regulating salt/potassium levels. Will try again to make sure I get adequate rack time. I am feeling well.

Buster deserves a note. He has been doing pretty well as sole dog. Rode shotgun a couple of times and changed his favored spot in the van from a cushion on the floor to the passenger seat behind me...looking out the window. He is communicating vocally much more often and lets me know when he needs something. He has assumed some watch dog duties-he knew the Jehovah's were here and I didn't (missed them-shucky darn). He seems a happy and perky dude and in spite of our marathon in the van is always ready to go. For some reason his tickle spots are more sensitive: scratch his breastbone or tummy and the hind leg goes into high gear. It is funny to see. I am not fond of being tickled but I will check with the vet-maybe it is a happy thing with dogs. He has always been a pretty good snuggler. Gets his bedtime scratch and when my hands go under the blanket, he is off to the foot of the bed until morning when he is so happy to see my eyes open (me too) giving me the lightest little kisses. As sole dog he minds a whole lot better. We have been working on a few commands.

Goodie was tied up with my reluctance to leave Florida. I invited her spirit along and have dreamed of her at home but it does seem that someone is missing around here. So I still have a lot of her but miss her fuzzy presence, nonetheless.

Now that I am rested up some, I am still going to try to treat home like a tourist although I am often stumped. It is hard not to make comparisons. I don't see a lot of joy. Lots of industriousness, though. Many new faces at old haunts-stores, etc. Pondering lifestyle questions. I do enjoy traveling.