Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Direct From Shark Valley- the Everglades




I met these charming creatures while biking in Shark Valley. More later I am still here and on battery power....

It is now later-midnight in the trucker's lounge at Flying J neaar Dade City, FL.


I spent last night at Jason and Lori's-entertaining Juno. He had a 1st birthday party and we wound him up. When we sang Happy Birthday he tried to climb up on the table because that is what Audrey did. (we think!) He does not typically even approach the table. The singing drove him crazy and he was a stitch. Took care of some details at the storage yard this morning and took off on my adventure on the Tamiami trail.The Shark Valley loop road is 15 miles and I only did six on the bike because the water is so low that the good wildlife is about three miles down the road. I was ready for water and air conditioning when finished. It was not a blistering day but I got a little warm. Played the tourist for the rest of the day: stopped at the tourist traps and visitor's centers, had ice cream etc. Good day.

Delores called, said Casper was warm and they were sitting outside this evening- that is encouraging. She found Mary Lou's new phone number and I got got connected with them in Weeki Wachee for lunch tomorrow. Big St. Patrick's celebration in Dunedin- we may have to take it in.

I am up to 90 percent charged being plugged in here. Need to check email before I doze, so better close.

A baby gator- pretty skittish because I think the big un's eat the little un's but I don't know that for sure.

Posted by Picasa