Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

I Am Outta Here! (tomorrow)

Busy, busy busy, Washed and waxed the coach prepping for storage in the heat and the Florida elements. It does look good if I do say so. Breaking camp is not as much fun as making it. Washed and waxed the Van. Now it is the nerve-wracking exercise of making sure to pack all the essentials. I am in pretty good shape but not done by a country mile. There is a certain order to things. Loading the new refrigerator is last because I think it will impede traversing the coach. Lori is going to fetch me from the storage yard and reunite me with the Van. I will camp at their house tomorrow and get an early start Thursday. I think I will be able to blog on the road but one never knows. It is the "end of the season" for more people than me. If the traffic is too crazy I will find a bolt hole. They wiped out 5 people on the turnpike this morning.

I'd better go-I have a date with the vacuum cleaner. Not Buster's favorite.