Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Wasted Days and Wasted Nights

Since the festivities ended I have had GBTB Syndrome (go back to bed syndrome). Took a nap yesterday but did rouse myself to load up dog, tripod, camera, and chair to go to the beach where it was said the best viewing of the "blood moon" eclipse would take place. Fogged out there so we went home to eat. Shortly after, the moon appeared so I dragged equipment and chair to the field across from my coach and set everything up and waited....and waited....and waited. Seems it was over so I skulked back home hoping nobody noticed the dork in the dark in the park.
However, having the tripod out and the blimp in the backyard made that an experiment to try. A tripod for night pictures does seem to improve results. Reviewing my recent pictures it seems that I am having trouble keeping my left arm up and the camera on the level. Having noticed, I am trying to figure out why- the flash attachment? carelessness? atrophy? I did find that Picasa2 does have a great photo straightening tool. The fact that there is one seems to indicate that I am not the only one who takes skewed pictures, but I do want to grow as a photographer so I will pay attention.

Quiet Sunday here. We have a cool front after 88 degrees yesterday so we just enjoyed that. Took Buster to Wendy's where he got chicken nuggets and I ate the chili-instead-of-fries option.
Posted by Picasa