Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Lazybones

Definitely I am a "Ten o'clock scholar" today having slept through the alarm, which I usually beat "up." I was up late migrating files to this computer which appears to be working more reliably than the other one. Then too, the cold snap probably made staying under the blanket more inviting. The temperature has dipped into the thirties here but it has not frozen near the coast. The Floridians are complaining but I have my "escaping winter wardrobe" so I am still warm and active.

Saturday I scooted to the "Green Market" (I was corrected by the fishmonger who overheard me talking to Jason on the cell phone-not "Farmer's Market.") I met Greg and Lewis on the way and they went too. I was on a mission-more great bread, more handmade soap, more veggies. We all took our dogs. The phone call from Jason set up a meet for lunch at Chili's restaurant where we did scheduling and planning for the 40th birthday party. Festivities commence on the 21st. That was fun and necessary. I handed over a Valentine's gift bag for Lori which I had been collecting for a couple of weeks. Fun to do. Good lunch. Chili's makes a "chicken fried steak" with batter and a deep fryer-deadly but delicious.

Lazy Sunday so far. The rest is an adventure.