Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Saturday, February 03, 2007

Tripping to Miami

On weekends you can ride the Tri-Rail all day for $4.00. So I went to Miami. It is public transportation so the mix of people is great. Visited with a young Black lady who had never met anybody from Wyoming. A man next to us was talking on his cell phone with a friend in Connecticut and he started making up stories about us-she had a gun and I had a knife and he wasn't sure he was going to make it to Hialeah. Of course he was "feeling no pain" and had something in a brown paper bag. He became my new best friend.

Diversity works. People get along. It really is much more interesting

My new friend Pat from New York but a five year (separated from wife) resident of Florida. He works for one of those outfits like DiTech loans. Says they are crooked and terrible loans but it pays the bills. If he looks a little fuzzy it is because he was. Nice guy, I enjoyed talking to him.

A Tri-Rail car- I ride the top decks. I travelled 142miles, met interesting people and saw new sights- for $4.00! Lori called when I was in Miami so Jason, Lori, and I met for dinner-delivered my birthday greeting to her. She had baked goodies from Texas for me. They are sweet kids.
Great day.
More Pictures at:
TrippingToMiamiOnTheTriRail
Posted by Picasa