Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Friday, February 02, 2007

Sweatin' With the Oldies

Eighty Seven Degrees today- a little warm for me and for this area for this time of year. It is supposed to cool off to 74 tomorrow which is very pleasant. The main reason for the post is to let folks know that the tornadoes were north of me.
I am down where the tropics begin-West Palm Beach is just 10 minutes to the north of me. It took me 4 hours to drive to Leesburg to look at a van last year. That is the area that got hit.

Rich called last night to say minus 31 (wind-chill factored in) was the prediction for Casper. Cuz Donna called to ask a question about 4-wheel drive last night. She had to leave Colorado highway 36 due to wrecks on her way home from Boulder. It took her four hours to to get home.

I can stand the heat...