Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Support for Aging Hookers

Dr. Rosenberg works on his lathe several times a week. As the neighborhood homely friendmaker I had to find out about this. He makes custom made, exotic wood, crochet hooks which have a market among older crochet fans. Being larger, they are easier to use. They are works of art. His wife, a registered nurse, crochets incorporating beads in her work. They have a website where they sell their products. I Googled but couldn't find their site because there are too many! Who knew?

Quiet day for me. I feel like I am coming down with something or there is a vile pollen in the air. Doing all I can do to head it off or minimize it: Zinc, tea, Vitamin C, Sudafed, aspirin, naps, Mona Vie, Fritos, chocolate, (the last two are unproven-but "feed a cold, starve a fever," or is it the other way around?)
Never mind.

I watched the airplane that tows advertising signs try to snag his sign on this blustery day. He watched me too, waggling his wings at me. There were eagles soaring at the same time and I swear one was trying to fly in tandem with the plane. Very pretty sight but the pictures were crummy. The pilot finally snagged his sign and flew south. He flies in at a low angle and then climbs steeply. Pretty cool. "Cucina de Amore" (cooking with love) was the message. I assume a restaurant rather than the PBS show.
Posted by Picasa