Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Friday, January 19, 2007

My Baby is Fading

Goody did not have a good day. She is fading. It is a battle to get the pedialyte and her meds as well as the Nutrical down. She does not seem to be in distress-just fading. She has surprised me a couple of times by getting up and wanting to walk but I am afraid the end is coming. She is 14 plus some months-98 in human years at least. I have been blessed to have her in my life. If she goes it will be very hard because we have been constant companions. We know at the get-go that we all have an end. Still it is not easy to say goodbye. I have an understnding with my Vets that we would consider an end when she was no longer enjoying her life. That time seems to have arrived a few days ago. I billed this trip as Goody's Victory lap. We have had a great run. She has peed in 46 states and made friends and helped me make friends in every one of them. She has been a good sport and now it is my turn to be the same.