Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Monday, January 15, 2007

Catching my Breath

Played with my good dogs. Goody has been off her chow for a few days but is still up for walks and wants to be outdoors. At her age it is never clear when the end is nearer or what is up with her. Heat makes dogs go off their feed. I cherish each day with her and we have good long lovies. Buster is a love bug too. He keeps an eye on Goody and gives her little kisses when we have group love-ins.

Met the patriarch next door. I was sitting with Goody having my coffee when he came out. As I am pretty near invisible behind my blue screens, I watched him "digging for gold." Then I knew I was going to cough, laugh, or give myself away somehow so I went over to introduce myself; save us both some embarrassment. He and his wife are traveling with their son who owns the behemoth parked next door. The patriarch has two last names. His first name is Jones. ( Along came Jones) He was a brick contractor in this area but his wife preferred North Carolina where they and his kids now reside. The son is a General Contractor and must do pretty well. The old boy seems to be in demand- lots of vacations with his several kids.

Picked up my mail and threw most of it away. Kept the checks and the tax info and the magazines. My Swivel Sweeper arrived. (as seen on TV)and it works much better than expected for a $19.95 item. Rode the bike after not riding for a few days. Huffed and puffed a little. A schedule will be kept.

I spent time giving the NLP manual a good read. They gave the manuals to us at the end of the class because the class was applying the information and practicing it. It was a good review for me.

Mike from the RV repair place came by. The refrigerator went warm yesterday after being fixed. There was a blown fuse. He had a sink in his shed and he needs a down spout but the sink, although white instead of almond looks to be a perfect match.

Regular day in paradise but it beats 7 degrees above 0 at home.