Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Doggie Playdate


In the land of leash laws, parks exist where dogs can romp with their own kind, unfettered. Lori is conscientious about taking Juneau to the dogpark on Lake Ida. We were invited. Buster was all excited by all the dogs until it became clear that he was supposed to interact. The Van looked good to him. Goody got the concept right away but she is not much for scampering anymore. She sedately did the meet and greets and we walked the path. My Grandpuppy Juneau however was the king of interaction. I am pleased to say he knew us right away and came to greet us. He and Lori had a headstart so he was wearing down a little. A walk in the park is nothing without a little picnic so Grampie had packed some treats. Juneau was happy to share his with his playmates. I was so proud of him. The muddy paw prints should come right out of these pants in the wash. This was fun and if not all dogs look like their owners, their personalities match.
Posted by Picasa