Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

A Day at the Palm Beach Zoo


Aside from doing nothing and still spending money, ( the Coastal RV guy came and gave me an estimate for the refrigerator repair- awk!) I wanted to scout the zoo to see if that was something Audrey would enjoy when the kids come for a visit. I ended up joining at the Grandparent level which will get two adults and all my grandchildren in 100 zoos across the country. I like zoos. I really enjoyed this one. It is a natural habitat zoo-focusing mostly on tropical animals although the prairie dog exhibit did amuse me. They were fat little devils-the living is easy.

You wander around a veritable jungle and visit the animals and exhibits. Lots to see and photograph IF your batteries don't run down. I will have to make the sacrifice and go again to complete the project. It is only about ten minutes from here. Great fun. Lots more pictures at the Web Album.
Posted by Picasa