Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Zen and the Art of Motorhome Maintenance

New coaches and old coaches require constant maintenance and a philosphical attitude. Jim has been on top of, under, and about his, washing, cleaning, caulking, tinting. Georgia seems in constant motion whether it is working with her plants, baking, organizing or culling and their coach is new, built/modified to their specifications. Jim has a 220 watt solar array on top of theirs. It is also a learning experience to see how people approach the organization and adaptation to their desires. And the tales. I always seek out awning stories because of my experience and everybody has one! Jim and Georgia traveled for vacations before becoming full-timers and have had their share of (mis)adventures. We agree that Good Sam towing insurance is a good value. He got his money's worth in Alaska. They are getting ready to pull out on Friday and I will miss them. They have plans in Florida for about a month and then, who knows? A general direction west but no fixed dates. Zen-like.

My more venerable coach needed some tinkering. My MaxxAir fan ceased working. It is on month 21 of a 24 month warranty. Cleaning, oiling, and wiggling contacts seemed to renew it but I will have the man who installed it check it out when he comes to pronounce the refrigerator officially dead. My bathroom sink split during storage. Upon close examination I think it may have been repaired by the previous owner. We will see about a replacement. Note to shoppers: "well maintained" = "repaired constantly." Did a deep clean on the bedroom and reconstructed the bedding. In the event you come to visit you will have clean sheets. I have a layered approach because I stay in varying climates. I seldom get to the sheets. My blankie on top of the sleeping bag layer usually does it in Florida. Tonight may be an exception. A delightfully cool day had Goody revelling in outdoor naps all day long. Buster did the same on the couch. Goody escaped to greet the neighbors and Buster ratted her out. He knew she was not where she was supposed to be and started whining.

Had a good phone gab with Lori today. She's a peach.