Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Monday, December 25, 2006

Christmas Day

I am enjoying a treat: big slices of pumpkin and pecan pie courtesy of Georgia and Jim from next door. A touching bit of Christmas cheer. Georgia can produce delicious, picture perfect pies in her coach kitchen. I set my sights somewhat lower making my unique Taco salad. The dogs are fond of the spanish rice/meat I make for it-enthusiastic even, and since EVERYTHING was closed here and I had the makings, we went non-traditional. Even used our new bottle of Hell Sauce. (Is that sacrilegious on Christmas? It is made in Hell, British West Indies.)

We have been waiting for a long promised storm front to pass through: well-equipped with a library I bought at the Salvation Army (they will be donated back at the end of the season) snacks at hand, the awning ties snugged. This system produced a tornado further north so you may yet see me on TV standing in my rubble saying "Praise the Lord for sparing my sorry ass."

Did a little plumbing job at Jason's- the dog shower got stuck partially open and the dog-sitter called in a panic. It is now a drip. I played with Juneau and he was a treat. He is a good boy.
Murphy's Law has been rampant: Had to replace a turn signal light on the van. My coach refrigerator bit the dust so Christmas Eve I was at Home Depot buying a six cubic foot outdoor refrigerator until the coach one can be replaced. Many folks have an outside beverage refrigerator and other appliances. Some even erect gazebo tents for their overflow.

Had or made calls to my brothers and cuz Donna, and Matt and Cheryl making for a pleasant day. Since I didn't send out cards this year I made some other calls yesterday. The annual Christmas letter has been rendered obsolete by the Google Web Album and the Blog so to one and all I wish a Happy Holiday Season.