Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Friday, December 15, 2006

Touch and Go




Maybe 16 drops of rain today after a record- breaking 8 inches yesterday. The day was mild and still and brought out the helicopters, small planes and experimental aircraft at the airport in my backyard. The land soaked up the rain and it was a fine day. Washed the Van while the washing material was out and still wet. Made a Wal-Mart run for groceries and sundries including a slow-cooker because I have the intention to entertain more this year. The screen room is a pleasant place to be.

Having matched only one number in the Florida Lottery has me re-evaluating my gambling wild streak. Somebody won the $6 million but I was so far from it I couldn't even see it.

I had a conversation with an up the street neighbor from New York who has a converted 1982 Bluebird bus that is a great camper. He has a beard and a braid and is grey like me- well maybe not that bad. He was well-spoken and I wondered what he had done for his money but that is not a first conversation topic.

Took the bike for a spin and my first John Prince Park friend Ted Fish hollered at me. He asked where I was parked and said " Oh, you are up near Dr. Rosenberg-the guy with a pigtail and the converted 82 Bluebird." Ted said he was glad to see me because that meant we were both still alive. I will stop by to take pictures of his orchids this weekend. He and Mrs. Fish are both well- 78 and looking 60 and enjoying life.
 Posted by Picasa