Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Friday, December 08, 2006

Cozy Day in Paradise

Fresh brewed coffee, Publix oatmeal cookies, a single cube heater on low taking the chill off, two dozy dogs, grey skies, breezes from the ocean, green foliage out my windows in all directions, finally rested after the travels, a quiet day is welcome.

Met park residents from Minnesota, and upstate New York last night as we independently gathered to watch the shuttle launch from the open area in the center of our part of the park. Several were veterans of this activity and knew where to face. I had the laptop tuned to NASA and the countdown clock and my camera at the ready. Of course we were skunked. Perhaps Saturday they will be able to launch. It was a pleasant evening to be out. I had considered a drive up the coast for a better vantage point but I am glad I passed on that.

I am taking a break from the Mona Vie. It is highly concentrated fruit juice, largely, including the Amazonian Acai berry. One of its touted benefits is its cleansing properties. That property I can attest to. Maybe a little too effective. My Oregon daughter in law consumed a bottle in three days and won her office weight loss pool. She is already at her pre-Audrey weight level and looks great. The Mona Vie does seem to provide a sense of well-being and feeling well. I will resume it after a rest.

Time to feed the pups. They are such good doggies. Buster has behaved so well I am proud of him. Key seems to be walking them individually.