Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Monday, December 04, 2006

It's Always Something....

The motorhome was deader than a doornail and I charged it with my portable generator, then jumped it with the Van and finally got it running. I let it charge and decided I had better turn it off and on before I took it out of the yard. Dead again. Called my Good Sam travel insurance and after a comedy of errors Russell pulled up to help me about 5:30 p.m. in the waning light. But he was a good guy and cheerfully tested and fetched a new battery so we got out of the yard with all three vehicles. Jason and Lori came and we caravanned to John Prince Park where we plugged in the coach, watered the doggies and left for Jason's birthday dinner at Rosalita's. Had sopapillas covered in ice cream and whipped cream with almonds for birthday cake and kept threatening him with a staff birthday song. We had a delightfully wacky waitress with a slight lisp. She was transitioning from counseling teenage murderers to massage therapy and holistic healing. We rode in Jason's Lexus hybrid SUV which is a very nice car. The technology is fascinating and it has a video screen that tells what is happening in the drive train at any given moment. Jason has lost about 30 pounds and Lori is trim. They are working at it and using Mona Vie, which they sell. I have a bottle to try. I will give a report. Then they hauled me home where we three Wyoming travelers fell into our beds in our Florida home. Jason shares a birthday (separated by a decade or two or three) with my friend Bonnie Spaulding whom we wish a happy belated birthday now that we are emerging from the fog of travel.