Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Friday, November 24, 2006

On the Road Again (almost)

November 28 or 29 will see Arapahoe in our rear view mirror. Always mixed emotions about leaving home base and going to Snowbird land but it is turning cold after the most beautiful fall in my 30 plus year recollection of falls in Wyoming. But reservations and plans await. I have been reading the Palm Beach Post online for about a month getting in tune with the new environs.

Dogs and I have been enriching the local medicos with our checkups and prescriptions. All is about as good as can be expected for high mileage models. The same with the Van. The green van will have one more checkover tomorrow. Rear axles needed replacement and I am always happier getting that done with people I know and starting out with a little confidence. (sometimes false confidence)

We have a new Walgreen's in Riverton and I have moved my prescriptions there after careful comparison shopping. There is a Walgreen's on practically every corner in Florida and once you are in their computer, you can pick up anywhere. The others say you can but when I ran out on my way to Oregon, K-Mart I had to move my prescription to Elko, NV.

Hosted a little birthday brunch/farewell brunch for some of my valley friends last Sunday. It was ever so nice to see folks and share a laugh or two. I will miss seeing them but they check the blog so we will stay in touch that way. I have had some Email from some of my John Prince Park friends who are returning so friends (as well as Florida kids) await.

So the blogging will start up again, although I will rely on Picasa Web Albums for more in depth picture/story telling.