Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Cousins from Seattle discover Svilar's

Forgetting to set my watch back after Oregon occasioned an interesting time: I helped Mike Svilar hang pictures in the bar and had a couple of drinks with him before my cousin Russ and his wife Kristin arrived, on-time, at Svilar's Supper Club in lovely downtown Hudson, WY. It turns out Mike Svilar obtained an engineering degree with an aeronautical option before his law degree. Russ started with the same degree but has used his for 42 years with Boeing. Mike could have talked to Russ all night because his interest in airplanes has never diminished. But I dragged them away for the delectables. We had a good visit. Took them to the Union Bar for a look-see at all the political pictures and the back-bar and the bar-length-don't-bother-to-go-to-the-bathroom urinal. Old Wyoming stuff. Mike Vinich was there and he spoke and I am glad because he has aged a lot in the past year since his son John died.

Kristin was in the area for the funeral of her cousin Kurt B. who died too young, also. (my age is too young, these days). I was glad to take them to dinner and have a visit. I am glad they called. Posted by Picasa