Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Home from a Beautiful Drive

This rose grew in Matt's back yard but I needed something gorgeous to post because the drive from Oregon to home was all that and more. I got an early enough start that I was not rushing, and the season was just right. Had time and wanted to take pictures but part of the grandeur is the vastness- I don't have a camera that would do it justice. The green grass in Red Canyon 35 miles from home was not the least of the scenes that made my jaw drop.

I thoroughly enjoyed the audiobook of Hoot that I had downloaded on the iPod. I think it is coming out as a movie and if Hollywood does as good a job as Hiassen wrote it and the theater of my mind performed, it should be a fun show.

We arrived on the tail end of dusk last night. The closed up house was hot but we did the fans today and got the payrolls out and paid a few bills and stocked the larder with rabbit food. The sin of gluttony must be atoned. I am looking forward to getting some pounds off. There is certainly enough to do that moving a bit will help too. Will have to rise early and use the evenings unless it cools off. The yard was starting to bake. Doggies are fine- Goody slept a lot today and Buster agitated the neighborhood dogs. Back to normal. Posted by Picasa