Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Weekend

The shuttle was launched but I missed it. Cloud cover here was too dense. Perhaps there will be more and conditions will be better for me to see.

The bicycle got some exercise and so did I. I am looking forward to building back up to several-mile trips but the circuits around the park are fun. I see faces and people I know.

I am enjoying the Bose radio. The sound is good at low volume and it replaces the TV as I surf the net and type. I haven't tried to hook up the satellite dish as it takes two people: one aimer and one shouter so I have been watching the free TV. I did watch the Doncos get shellacked this evening

I had tried to connect with Lori earlier to see if she needed anything at Wal-Mart. That store is an entirely different experience here-she does not care for it, nor do I, but I do know where to find things there. After that I went to the Golden Corral for Sunday dinner. That is also a different experience here: from the policeman in the lobby to the manager who scouts places to seat you to the wonderful variety of humankind that passes through the doors. Different colors, languages, and customs than I see at home and I find it fascinating. There are servers behind the counters constantly replenishing. I like to go about once a week because I know my veggie intake is not varied enough. I really enjoyed the brussel sprouts. I am not the least offended- nay, flattered, when they ask if I am a "senior" because I readily own up but take it as a compliment that it is not abundantly self-evident.

Part of the park was filled all day long with soccer players. At first I thought it must be a Middle School tournament until I saw some faces up close. These were adult hispanics, probably Guatamalans- just squatty bodies. They play hard and wives and babies come to watch.

I am pleased with this new keyboard-it is a Logitech and one of the mouse features is the ability to "zoom" in or out. I am zoomed in permanently because the type is larger; something my aging eyes really appreciate.