Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Perfect Day in Paradise

Cloudy blue skies and temperatures in the upper 70's and no rain. Vibrantly green foliage to view. Coffee with the old dog in the screenhouse this morning. We watched a grey cat as it explored the undersides of the neighboring coaches. It disappeared evidently creeping under our coach where it discovered our open door and walked in to a waiting Buster. The fireworks began: a streak of grey and a streak of brown and lots of cussing on both parts. No blood. Made his day- he is still on high alert.

Dried things out and stowed stuff, ran the vacuum, did the dishes, gathered the dirty laundry for laundromat time tomorrow morning. I had a pot roast to cook so I inaugurated the slow cooker that I set up outside in the screenhouse. Greg and Lewis dropped by to say hello and said they would be back and I thought "Good" I will feed them. But they didn't return because I didn't say "I will feed you." It was good to see them-they are "up" people. Another time.

Matt called last evening with dates! For Christmas I gave all the kids sufficient moolah for plane fare from Medford, OR to Florida for Matt's 40th birthday celebration in February. The locals will be out a similar amount for food and scuba, etc. (at least). February 17 to March 3 and we have Matt's birthday, and Audrey's birthday to celebrate. Should be a blast. Of course I checked with Eve and she has frequent flyer miles. Fun in the Sun!

Last night web news about the wind/snowstorm in Seattle had me calling friends up there. Bonnie was fine- all utilities working. She said smugness was battling with survivor's guilt. Her sense of humor is intact. Kristin was in kind of a state. Their house overlooks the Sound and the wind was truly frightening to her. Russ decided a generator was a smart thing when they built their garage so she had power when others did not. Her kids and grandkids had been dropping in to get warm and enjoy electricity since they were not so fortunate. Russ is in England of course. She is coping though not liking the situation very much. Hope things get back to normal for them all soon.

Watched football quite a bit enjoyed pot roast and so did the doggies. Good gravy. Good day.