Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Living and Learning

New neighbors yesterday afternoon from Vermont. Newbies to their camper and camping. Older folks: he with funny hair (toupee?), she pleasant enough- relieved to not be driving. We will see what we will see but I am not sensing a connection. Short termers, I believe -his pass card is wrong way around on his mirror but the date looks like the 14th. A missing child poster in the window of his Dodge 1500.

Great excitement at the gatehouse today: Mr Danikin arrived driving his Class A. He was delayed because of a hip replacement. He is 94. He nearly took out the gate but he is here. I am asking for fair warning when he hits the road.

Learning:
  1. Head and Shoulders is not just for that: Stripped down in the bathhouse a block from home when I realized my soap was home. Can't see that I am any more conditioned nor less flaky.
  2. Within eight hours of purchasing an air conditioner in Florida the temperature will drop 30 degrees-well worth it. The coach air went from feeble to intermittent. Goody was suffering so Home Depot got another bonanza. Good little machine. Goody is much improved. Delightfully cool today. She was even up for a walk tonight. I took a nap with cool breezes on my face.
  3. Security will drive by when the leash is not attached.
  4. When you have a baggy in your pocket, the dog will not poop and vice versa.

Living:

Buster often makes me laugh. There is more going on in his head than I know. He is canny. He was sweet with Maddy, Leila's Yorkie, but he was a little jealous I think. When I finally invited my dogs to the party, he immediately found and snitched Maddy's pig's ear, then methodically "marked" every single one of "our chairs." None of their chairs got the treatment thank goodness. I kept scolding him and saying I have never seen him do that before-hope they believed me.

Gatormania has lifted the state. National champs.

Had good calls from brother Rich and Rasty and Sue. Sounds like the Wyoming winds are fierce. Glad I am not there but I am glad to hear from folks.

Got the flight itinerary from Matt and Cheryl today-Feb 20- March 3. A good visit. I am sooo looking forward to it.