Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Little Finland in Florida

Family is all with this group of Finns. They own all the condos but two in this older but respectable complex and they gather. This day for lunch at 2:00 p.m. was George's (from Brooklyn) turn to entertain, Finnish music and fun and talk. He worked like a trooper. They cut each other no slack in a loving way. The matriarch was kidded about how she acts feeble then got up at 4:00 a.m.to bake a delicious Finnish flatbread for the occasion. She laughed hardest of all. (I was presented with a loaf.) Her brother with the dark glasses, a retired architect, has lived with the man in the gray shirt since they met in the Finnish army as teens. No big whoop-as it shouldn't be. They have a fancier condo on Lake Osborne (and two other homes) but they all get together in the season. Dear people all. I will keep in touch after Leila and Ron leave tomorrow.
Posted by Picasa