Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Friday, January 05, 2007

Pretty Things Outside my Window

My new neighbors are only here to the 7th. They spent the holidays in the Keys. They are fit and fine looking people. They biked most of yesterday and their kayaks are in the back of the the truck. Make me feel like a slug but you don't have to be a musician to appreciate music. They are very nice, friendly, "up" people. They live upstate in Florida.

Their Yorkie is sweet and friendly and goes everywhere. She went biking yesterday and she kayaks too.Leila's parents are snowbirds from Minnesota who own a condo. She prefers to visit them in Florida.

The sunset from my backyard. I had a slow day yesterday. I tend to get sleep deprived what with my own nocturnal interruptions and Goody's late night and early morning needs. It took my doc less than a minute to figure this out and I have Xanax but am not craxy about taking it. So I found myself dozing off a lot yesterday. It may be time for the pill.

Did have a good bike ride yesterday and had a visit with my friend Wilbur from the grounds crew. He recounted his experiences during the big hurricane. The newspapers cannot convey what it it means to individuals who have to live through these events.
Posted by Picasa