Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Neuro-Linguistic Programming Level I Practitioner

Now I are one. Lori and I did an intensive 3 day workshop which taught us the principles of NLP. NLP posits that words cause us to form ideas and images. Negative experiences tend to accumulate or get stuck in our minds. NLP is a way to change the associations and free us from negative ideas that weigh us down. It also teaches ways of shifting forward. We gained experience in deep meditative techniques and coping techniques to make healthier ways of coping with life's many irritations and problems. Much much more... There was a strong focus on practicing the methods and our workshop companions were great-smart and accomplished. Pretty powerful stuff and well worth the time and money.
We are Certified to help others but I think we will practice on ourselves and each other a bit before we "hang out a shingle."

Tomorrow I play with my patient doggies who were so good while being left on their own so much.