Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Bless my Vets!

Goody was looking pretty wan this morning. I called G bar G Vets at home (they are on speed dial). They have treated her for some time and know her problems. Gunda was kind enough to discuss and suggest several possibilites and options. One of which was stress. I had considerable investment in doggie meds for the trip. I gave her half a Valium and we scooted for Walgreen's and PetSmart. I was syringing Pedialyte into her mouth on the way to PetSmart where we got highly nutritious Nutrical. She was perking right up and ate a McDonald's plain kiddieburger on the way home. She is still not 100 percent but is better. I got her daily meds shoved down her throat. Another possibility was a blockage but from our recent walk, I think that is not a problem. We will see...

Got two pretty good bike rides in today. Ordered the honeywagon. Got some toys for the grandpuppy at Petsmart and some chews for Buster. He gets pretty intense on those. Entertaining for us both.

Had email from Janet and Delores. They wanted me to know I missed the mark on the temperatures at home in my last post. 21 below in the valley and 16 below in town and they are not enthusiastic about it.