Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Monday, January 22, 2007

Monday, Monday

Traditionally laundry day is Monday and that was the plan as of last night. I found two clean pairs of trousers in the closet so I said "Naw." Loaded Buster up and went to the neighborhood Publix for Deli stuff.
Hung out, called Verizon to try to get my Internet Connection fixed and it is better but not 100% reliable. Read my New Yorker and fell asleep. Surfed the net. Had condolence calls from Eve and Matt and Delores. Matt says Audrey is entering the "no" stage. They are looking forward to their visit as am I. The Humane Society returned my Saturday call. They offered their condolences and invited me to a bereavement group. I'll keep it in mind but don't feel a need now. A very nice lady. Also received some nice Emails. I am doing fine. Buster seems a little lost. He took his place at the back of the bus. Did not want to ride shotgun.

Janet's email commiserated- her dog Sally died in December. I was bummed. I loved that dog. She was my buddy. I always took biscuits when I went up there. She was a sweet dog. So sad.

I took Buster on a long walk in the "jungle" behind the coaches. He did so well with the leash. A couple of barking dogs caused him some anxiety but he just did fine.

Cleaned the house did the dishes, puttered around. Low key day.

Jason called and he had a good day at work. The boss sang his praises in a management meeting and four of his clients complimented him. He was checking on me.

Took two walks. This evening I did not hear a word of English- all French.

The new neighbors are a hoot- friendly Canadians-bi-lingual. They have a toy-hauler 5th wheel. Two great Harley's they are using to tour with friends ride in the back of it.. They seem to be having a ball. She is a bit of a dish. They have a screen that hangs on the back so they have a porch also but Lucy likes to work on her tan. Suits me.