Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Saturday, January 20, 2007

My Baby is in the Hospital

I am wiped out. Spent the day talking with Dr. Gamble in Wyoming, and coming to terms with the end or treatment. I called a couple of Vets here and they have a referral system on the weekends so I took her to the hospital. Dr. Sosa is long on science and short on cutting to the chase. The facility has a good reputation but from his call just now, I have no real added information-she is very sick and her chances are not good. They are hydrating her and will see what happens. All at considerable expense which I would not mind if she had a decent prognosis.

Jason called and offered to come up but after I got home I was so very tired-I had slept outside with her for two nights and have been worried/stressed. I will go in the morning. Dr. Sosa will be in at noon so I will go back then and I have a commitment from them to call if she gets worse. Leaving her was very hard. I do not want her to feel bereft, or be in pain. I will be with her at the end which is very likely soon. Dr. Gamble called and encouraged them to hydrate her and see what happens which they are now doing after their tests. I could tell that it was not a very good call but I appreciate Gunda trying. Going to the couch now and snuggle with Buster who had a good look around for Goody. We played a bit to take our minds off the huge absence.

New neighbors and they seem nice.