Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Saturday, January 27, 2007

The Neighbors left, Goody is Home

My time here is half over-where is it going? Saw a Maxine cartoon that holds the truth: "Life is like a roll of toilet paper. When you get near the end it goes faster." I have spent an inordinate amount of time trying to restore my computer to some level of stability. I think it is better if not perfect. I also have been sticking close to home for Buster's sake. He is a little clingy.

I washed the coach and have been experimenting with waxes to see which is the best. Cleaned and fixed things. The coach refrigerator is on the fritz again. Good thing to have two of them.

Lucy turned out to be a bit of a tease or has that French acceptance of her body. All in good fun. They were able to ride their motorcycles yesterday and loaded up today. Fond farewell. The new neighbors are not very promising but I will hope.

Talked to brother Rich last night. Alicia is moving to Denver. Rich fell on the ice on his back steps and though he minimizes, I think he banged himself up pretty badly. He can have a quiet weekend if he desires.

I went to pick up Goody and she came home in a hand-carved teakwood box. Very fitting for her. I am glad to have her here, though I have had happy dreams of her every night. Seems I have a daytime dog and a night-time dog. Life is good. The weather is cooler. A very agreeable day today.