Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Neighbors from Ontario

Lucy and Charlie and a friend of theirs. They rode around Lake Okeechobee today. They are fun and friendly. They live in a small town in Ontario. Charlie grew up on potato farm in New Brunswick but his dad got into airplanes and finished his career there. Lucy has an instructor's license. Charlie is a licensed pilot but switched to construction and built duplexes so he has income. They have never splurged on a vacation before so the seven weeks they have taken this year is a treat. They are like kids in a candy store. Charlie's mom had a place down here so they are familiar with Florida. He said the snow did not melt from his truck bed until they hit Savannah so this really feels good to them. They are here for just a few more days. I have really enjoyed my neighbors this year.

I finally got up enough gumption to brave Wal-Mart today. I had modified the Van to accommodate Goody. I was going to de-modify it so a person could ride shotgun- or Buster-he can fit his bucket in a captain's chair but I just am not ready yet. Torn-because the empty space is a reminder but I need to hang on a little bit longer. Tried to find out what was causing my computer to crash. Maybe it is fixed or maybe it is not. I am not ready to use it for a doorstop yet but it is getting dangerously close.
Posted by Picasa