Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Journey to Atlantis

After downloading "fixes" for my computer early this morning and calling Lori to wish her a Happy Birthday, I had a burst of domesticity. Gathered and sorted laundry and set out for the laundromat in Atlantis. Several of my neighbors have gone there so I thought to give it a try. I needed assistance several times. The Indian lady knew where to slap, sock and kick the washers to make them go. One machine was still washing when I had dried everything else. She gave it a whack and it eventually released my hostage undies. First and last visit, I think.

I did have time to walk the Atlantis mall. I visited the Bodegon, a latin supermercado. It was pretty cool. Peppy latin musico, bright murals with Mayan designs and nearly nude ladies, some unusual veggies, and cuts of meat in the carniceria. I will shop here sometimes and try the cafeteria.

It is always a nice feeling to have the laundry done. Played with the Buster dog. Took a nap. Pretty windy here today but warm. Walked this evening.