Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Lake Worth Beach makes me Smile

While taking pictures at the beach I heard a man softly singing-very well, and it was this young man who was singing to his babies-the one in his arms and the one that is due in two weeks. It was so sweet a moment. They are excited for the event. I am thinking it's a lucky child to be born to them.
I love the colors at the beach

Saturday and a beautiful day, Touched up my waxing, rode the bike and chatted with people along the way. I decided I needed to go to the beach anticipating good crowds. I was right and came in at the end of the Saturday Farmer's Market/Craft show and scooped up bargains. I bought a pint of conch salad from a huge Black woman, a loaf of chocolate cherry bread, (she threw in a big soft pretzel) and three bars of handmade soap. I will go earlier next time. I walked the beach and took my pictures with a wide angle lens that seemed to have a hard time focusing at times but even those pictures are interesting. Ended up at the walkup window to John G's where fish and chips were purchased lunch and dinner generous. I saw Finland Day was in progress in Lake Worth but I couldn't find a place to park.

More Beach Pix here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/sroberts.wyoming/

ADayAtTheBeachMakesMeSmile

Posted by Picasa