Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Friday, February 16, 2007

Friday Blahg

I am going to blog a bit while this computer is temporarily functioning. Coolish-it may even freeze inland but they don't know cold down here. One ceramic cube heater in the bedroom is keeping us toasty.

I did some deep cleaning yesterday in the cool rainy weather. Goody lives-in the vacuum cleaner. She was a hair making girl. This is not the first time I vacuumed since she left us but her presence is still considerable. I am concerned about Buster because he finds her hair clumps and really is interested in them, licks spots where she used to spend time, and will let out a mournful howl from time to time. He spends a lot of time comforting himself by licking, though his attention and petting has increased. He also seems to feel some pressure in being the only dog. He vied for riding shotgun in the Van when Goody was with us but declines now in spite of my coaxing. He really is a sweet little guy and deserves his "time in the spotlight" but I am considering going to the shelter to find him a "pest:" something smaller than he is and companionable. I like big dogs but Buster deserves to be number one dog after being such a good sport for so long. I don't know if they will let me take him along to help in the selection.