Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Deflated by my Betters

I took pictures for some up-the-street-neighbors who have the spot I had last year for them to send their kids. They are from New Jersey and we visit when I take my trash to the dumpster. One day I stopped in and she was working on stitching her afghan. Very nice "older" people. I took a couple of pretty good bike rides today-probably about five miles. I was visiting with them this afternoon and they said they rode 26 miles yesterday. He put 1100 miles on his bike last year! Made me feel like a piker.

They gave me some ideas for some sights to see down south. They have been spending time with the grandson of one of our neighbors who arrived, was coughing up blood, and had a prostate operation. They are in the emergency spot and have become kind of a neighborhood project. The neighborhood people for the most part are very nice.

The neighbors south of me were gone and I surmised a cruise-I was right. They are from Quebec but he is a German and is zesty. They had a great time-went to Mexico.

I haven't posted for a day or two because I spent a lot of time Sunday trying to equalize myself- one of the side effects of my blood pressure medicine is edema-seems sometimes I have to choose between ankles like tree trunks or veins like pencils but feet raised helps even things out. The new medical advice that naps are a good thing is going to be a part of my regimen. I'm kind of like a Betsy-Wetsy doll. Have to lie down for awhile to pee. Then all night long, every hour. So sleeping is sometimes the best cure for me. Amazingly healthy for all of that, though. Feeling good. Rainy Monday and the pitter pat of rain on the roof and a book in hand was nap inducing. Bet I read 20 pages all day long.
Posted by Picasa