Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Jobs I Do Not Envy

The black spot on the top of the blimp is a man working on it. Gave me the heebie-jeebies just watching him. Hope he is painting, not patching-though it would be quite amazing to see a quick release like a flying balloon. Jet propulsion.
If you like aircraft and the sound of engines as I do (in this metro setting-where trains, trucks, planes and boats contrast with my quiet homeplace in Wyoming -well there are the cars and car sound systems there) this is the place to be. The sounds interrupt conversations some days but the sights are endlessly fascinating.

Mike the Coastal RV guy was by to continue work here in service Hell. I was on the verge of losing patience with him. He asked about Lucy and Charlie and said he brought his girlfriend to go bike riding with them but they were gone. I asked (because I was confused) what happened to his Dutch born wife who I spoke to first three years ago when they were just off to Holland for a visit. She had a brain aneurysm last June and died (age 56) after an ordeal on life support. Was I glad I was not short with him? Yes. Quite amazing he is even functioning. And I guess that is the lesson: everybody has a story and some of them are not very pretty, kindness rules.
Posted by Picasa