Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Friday, March 09, 2007

The lists are made

My storage space near here is available and waiting. I visited with my friends from New Jersey and refreshed my memory of some of the details of their travels and am planning an itinerary that will allow a leisurely departure from Florida. I ordered a tent yesterday like one I saw here in the park. The Canadians who owned it said they weren't available any longer but I found one on Amazon.com and it will be here Monday. This morning I awoke and said, "You ordered WHAT!?" It is a dandy tent and not very expensive. The twist is it has a "tunnel" to attach to the back of a pickup or Van. It adds a room to a Van. I plan to take the Tamiami Trail across southern Florida. I may go see Marilou and Howard in Weeki Wachee. They were supposed to get over here this year but it didn't happen. Need to call and coordinate that stop soon.

Jason and Lori met me for dinner at Rosalita's tonight. Great Tex-Mex grub. I had chicken and spinach enchiladas and we shared a sombrero and a dessert sopapilla. A sombrero involves a hot crispy chalupa tortilla, ice cream, fudge sauce and whipped cream. We will meet elevenish tomorrow to do the Green Market and have brunch. Trying to get in a few visits before Departure-day.