Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

I don't have to go home but I can't stay here!

When I paid up the other day Jim, the clerk, said "Let's see, that will put you out of here a week from Wednesday." The reality hit like a ton of bricks. I am not ready for the cold weather. I have been searching for alternatives. Today Lori and I went to see a trailer I had found on the Internet. The trailer is affordable but lot rents down here start at $450/month, Electricity $140, RV storage $25/month etc.. etc. Lori is a treasure- we had lunch and sorted it out. I may consider this course of action in a couple of years when Medicare kicks in but being self-insured right now means keeping fairly liquid. I want to get off the planet without having a coffee can at the grocery store seeking donations. Tomorrow I will check out plan C- another month at Okeechobee and storing the coach out there which is much cheaper. Or I may just cowboy up and store things here and take my time getting home (plan A.5). Mrs. Hall offered some time in West Virginia at her summer home which is a keen idea. Too many endings at once. I have had a good time down here...no shame in wanting it to go on. I am looking forward to home in the fullness of springtime.