Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Friday, March 16, 2007

Gourmet a la WalMart

Mary Lou loves irony and living well without dispensing all the greenstuff. In order to get our ringside seats for the Street Festival in Dunedin we motored down the night before to a nearby Wal-Mart. On the way, they pulled a detour into a Goodwill store-Marilu was not going to serve me fine wine in plastic- she bought a piece of stemware for me. We cracked a $14.00 bottle of great wine (marked down 50%), had a half avocado drizzled and seasoned with Himalayan Sea Salt ($6.00/ shaker) and she seared Tuna steaks for which she had prepared an Italian "salsa" with culantro (not cilantro) she cut from her spice garden that morning. It was FANTASTIC.



We then repaired to respective vans to sleep, arising at 5:00 a.m. to claim prime real estate in front of Flanagan's for the St. Patrick's Day Street Festival
Posted by Picasa