Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Friday, April 06, 2007

Good Friday

Being a local tourist is NOT exactly working out so far but the idea is good. I did have a good gab with Lori yesterday. She takes off for a family wedding in Texas. Jason has a conference, Juneau went to Barkingham Palace. Pretty routine around here but I have gone to town to do chores and am whittling away at things. Buster fell out of the van at Wal-Mart. I had opened the front door passenger side to stash my wallet and didn't get the door closed tightly. He elected to ride up front. We were barely moving but it surprised us both. It hasn't stopped him from wanting to go-with, however. I ran into Kristi Fegler at Wal-Mart. Her kids have grown like weeds. Caught up on a few things. As mentioned earlier in the Blog, Peggy's brother Raymond, the baby of the family, died at age 51 this year. EVERYBODY needs a WILL. Nuff said.

Ran up to see Sue and Rasty this afternoon and take a little Easter gift. Due to the cold, they were having a crafty day-Sue doing beading and Rasty watching a shoot-em up. Sue had made cookies and pressed some on me "for Buster." Then I felt compelled to share one with him-they made a hit with us both-he is devoted to them. It is pretty chilly here. Easter dinner with Don and Delores but tomorrow may be another stay-in day.