Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Thursday, March 29, 2007

So much for 'Spending the Winter" in Florida

According to the weather service we are only half-way through this storm. The lights keep flickering and my hope is that the electricity is on continuously. Other than that we are cozy inside, exchanging phone calls with neighbors who are ecstatic for the moisture content. As for me a nice rain would have been sufficient. Actually I kind of like it because it is not January or February with a promise of many more days of the same to come. It is life-giving to the prairies and fields. There is a hush and peacefulness to it.
Posted by Picasa