Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Itchy Feet but still in place

The weather has been cold or cold and windy for days and not much has been happening around here that would titillate, elucidate, educate or other wise edify a loyal reader. Fornicate! I am more determined to find a way to elongate my next departure date in Florida state. Perhaps the new chez Jason and Lori as pictured will have a cubby for the Pater with a bald pate.


But, ever one to try to make the most of whatever, I have dusted off the slow cooker and armed with all the new information on chub, I am cooking, trying to establish a more vitamin rich, calorie sparse, cuisine. Apparently genetic inheritance is a strong factor, dieting is harmful, and the goal should be a way to develop a lifelong war more than a series of losing diet battles. Of course, being satisfied with the food you do get to eat is critical to carrying on, especially for me. So that is my goal. So far, so good, but it is way early. I will cheat as necessary. One "advantage" of home is fewer exotic temptations, though fresh fruit is sorely missed.

I have laid in a supply of shingle oil and will coat the cabin and everything else in sight with it as soon as it is warm and calm enough to do so. A talk with my friend Mike about his new pre-fab cabin to go on their old "home place." put me on to some economical solar panels that I am exploring.
Invested in (yet another) camera: 18X zoom, Olympus SP550UZ. The reviews are all over the place so I got it at Wal-Mart and will not hesitate to return it. The review site that is the most exacting kind of panned it. But they panned my Oly 2100UZ which they now refer to as "classic" and is one of the sweetest cameras I have. They sell today for more than they did new. If it had more pixels it would still be my favorite. So I just have to see for myself in the next few weeks. I'll let you know. So it goes.
Posted by Picasa

Labels: , ,