Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Friday, April 20, 2007

New Babies-camera report

How I like seeing new life hit the planet! This llama baby is the spitting image of its daddy so far, which is unusual-they can be any color
or combination. As my firm belief is that mother and child need undisturbed quiet time together, it seemed to be a good time to test the 18X zoom. (All posted pictures are vastly reduced in file size, hence quality) The llamas were quite a distance. The Olympus SP550UZ at 18X has more lens than the sensor (7.1 megapixel) can record. The grass at full size is patches of green.
Buster, at a closer range, at full size, reveals almost every single hair. So the expectation, from the paper specifications, in real practice, must be adjusted downward. Every camera is a compromise. Perhaps a 10 megapixel sensor would behave differently but the file size would be huge and I seldom use images at full resolution but I may want to on occasion. So this is a little disappointing but does not yet merit a trip to return it. The experience will guide camera choice in individual shooting situations if I keep it.
Bill, my UPS man and a "lucky gene" physical specimen, brought my Swanson supplements today. He is now 52 years old ( You are a baby!") and uses supplements, too. Swanson Health Products is prompt and inexpensive. I took a loading dose of the multi-vitamin and my first dose of Triphala. I can feel a result-feeling pretty good. I may start a blog on supplements because I have developed a philosophy based on years of experimentation. My doctor inquires from time to time because my test results are better than she expects from my lifestyle. Perhaps the Triphala will mediate my blood pressure. Wouldn't that be nice to go from a $105/month medication to a $3.00 supplement?
Posted by Picasa