Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Monday, May 14, 2007

Oregon!

Had a hectic day or two before the departure. Sue kindly baked me some brownies and loaned me some audiobooks. The Jack Higgins is finished but surprisingly, the brownies have lasted, going, going...
We saw Winnemucca about 10 last night, slept there in the Motel 6 handicapped room (we like it) and got an early start for Oregon which allowed time for a little noodling around on the way. Great Mexican food in Lakeview for lunch-my Christian deli owners were in church on Sunday. Buster and I had a walk in the woods. We also stopped to take pictures and I stopped and stopped because I had to catch up on the diuretic. I-80 through downtown Salt Lake is no place to be taking pit-stops so I skipped yesterday. I saw a Bald Eagle in a meadow and the eagle saw a bald bird too. Saw my first bobcat in the wild near Klamath Falls.
Matt and Cheryl fixed a gorgeous meal- steak on the barby, sweet potatoes dressed to order, and salad from Matt's garden (save for the avocado, almonds and mozarella), a pale ale, and a berry tart for dessert. Played with the kid and dogs-I even got to carry Audrey-she is a sturdy little girl.Eve had contracted to babysit while Matt and Cheryl had a little together time so we went to Eve's, returned Jason's call to his mother, and the old guy eventually left the girls and headed to the motel to unpack and have a little quiet time-sort of- the karaoke bar next door is doing a booming business. One more time of "Down in the West Texas Town of Laredo" and there might be a bar brawl. Big days, kind of tired. Should sleep well.

More pictures and words at the web album. Click the Link:

http://picasaweb.google.com/sroberts.wyoming/

OnTheOregonTrailMay2007

Posted by Picasa