Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Back to the Future

Raining but snowing...cottonwood cotton. I see some nice puddles up the road but the bit of rain we got here seemed just enough to settle the dust for awhile. Buster is sneezing, I am stuffy from the cottonwood but otherwise fine. Sudafed is my friend. The cottonwood in Oregon was just ending when I was up there three weeks ago. Just starting here.
Back to the future? The Superbeetle is operational and I am testing its reliability. So far the gas saving project is operating in the hole. My trusted tire dealer said new tires were not necessary, repair totaled $14.56. The darn thing decided to quit at the garage. They boosted the new battery and it took off and so did I but the prospect of sun cooking groceries while stuck in town led me to scoot for home. Once here it started 3 times and has started since. But I decided to take the Dodge van to town for my grocery trip. Two trips instead of one cheap one. We are learning to trust again.

The tire store owner said I was not the only person resurrecting a more economical vehicle. Here, the thirty-one year old car is parked in front of Swine Acres, where I used to raise piggies and chickens. With all the good nutrients at hand, I planted a nice strawberry bed but provided hospitable ground for trees which are always welcome. They have done well. No strawberries.
Posted by Picasa