Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Juneau's Birthday Party

Juneau opened presents-he loves to open them. He got some pool toys and a "Fluffy" rabbit. The other dogs got little fluffy's.
Lori made "Tuna-peanut butter surprises encrusted with kibble" and stuck a candle in them.

We sang "Happy Birthday" and Juneau blew out his candles. I kid you not. He barked at them and they went out. Honey and Juneau roughhoused outside, inside, and Juneau took a couple of dips in the pool. They wore themselves out. Buster enjoyed the treats and tried to hump Juneau. Of course we shared the "grown up" dinner with them: Pistachio Grouper masterfully done by chef Jason, Sugar-snap peas, warm bread and strawberries for dessert. As we had coffee by the pool we heard the cannons going off for the 1812 Overture and decided we might be a little late to go to Mizner Park. But it was a great evening. We walked the dogs on Juneau's route so I am completely checked out taking care of the little pride and joy. I was right. Lori is already missing him.

Today Tony and I had been talking for quite awhile. Honey started to whimper like she does when she needs to go out. I asked "Do you need to poop?" Tony said, "Are you clairvoyant? I sure do." Then he realized. I nearly wet myself.

I am off to Deerfield tomorrow morning.

Posted by Picasa