Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Saturday, June 20, 2009

The Pantheon in Rome


Sightseeing in Rome I surmise. This Wiki link has the fascinating history of this much abused structure:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pantheon,_Rome Parts of it predate Christendom. That mightier and loftier civilizations predated ours and lasted much longer always seems to inspire awe and act as a cautionary tale to me. One of the results of travel: putting "us" in perspective.

I'm glad the travelers are sending material. Another nap day for me. These are not "I think I'll take a nap," naps. These are "I'd better lay down before I fall down," naps. Now there is a crackling good thunderstorm passing through. Not much news from Arapahoe today.
Posted by Picasa