Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Touring the Rez

On my way to and from Fort Washakie I stopped and snapped. The weather patterns make for interesting lighting. All the pictures will look better if you click to enlarge. Some mighty pretty country out here. Janet wrote poetically of seeing a flock of pelicans by the bridge. We have had several down here but no flocks. I hope they are eating carp, not trout. They have big appetites.
This taken less than a mile from my front door. I am ever looking for ways to shoot the scenic Wind River Mountains without the visual clutter of power lines. This is a spot I go to every now and again.
This is a view on a small road side road on South fork.
A view of the canyon that holds Washakie Dam and reservoir.

I had ordered several things from Amazon and they let me down-the order confirmation promised delivery by July 26th! So I cancelled the order except for a $2.50 item that was already shipped so I was not too surprised to see UPS pull up. I was surprised with the contents. The Floridians took care of Father's Day before departure. I had carefully scraped the flaking black enamel off my current watch just last night. I spent $15.00 for it at Casual Male in Boynton Beach-my favorite tall and lard-ass outlet, and I wanted more than six months use out of it even if it was not sartorially perfect. Problem solved: A Citizen eco drive Titanium Sports Chronometer was in the package. It is solar powered for a lifetime and will function for six months after they put me in a box. It is waterproof to a depth of 660 feet. The only occasion I will test the warranty on that will be when the plane breaks up over the Atlantic and I will be holding my nose and waiting for the watch to quit so I will know when I am a gone goose. What I think is great about it is the dial is large, the numerals are large and they glow in the dark. The little manual I could not read-too small. So I had to go online to see how to set it-it has bells and whistles. I was alarmed by the suggested price. I hope they got a deal and even at that it is my most expensive watch ever. Very flattering but it should be my last one. An heirloom. Tasteful-not showy, I love it.
Posted by Picasa