Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Trimming and Skimming

They came to trim my trees and worked hard all day. They have to come back-will they? We'll see. There was a thrilling thunderstorm which interrupted things for awhile this afternoon. I was reflecting: this weather is like Laramie summer weather, cool nights, sunshine in the morning, and an afternoon rain. I loved it then but this is so atypical for this area. Not unprecedented but atypical.

The arborists were here at 7:30 a.m. I was up before that. Honey decided to chase the cows for the hell of it right off the bat and I buzzed her home. She met up with the Fegler's electric fence which she usually passes with impunity. It was a life changing event for her. She has been close to me ever since and has not ventured into the pasture again. This is sad in some respects because she runs off a lot of steam down there. We will see what we will see. While they were mutilating my vegetation I went to Fort Washakie to pay my water bill. Everybody should have the experience of becoming a minority once in awhile. The clerk who took my money was efficient and pleasant but the others seemed to regard me as they are regarded in Walmart-with suspicion. I took advantage of the trip to take some pictures, some of which are pretty good. I'll post them tomorrow.

Meanwhile, through the miracle of the iPhone, Jason has indulged the old man with trip pictures! Here Lori is settling into her "suite" on Virgin Atlantic. The seats turn into a regular "flat bed" I hope they got a package deal because I checked the fares. Lori is the best travel agent so I am sure they did get a package.
Here is Lori in London-new jacket and she looks chilly! Hope they found a tea shop and warmed up. On to Rome soon.
Posted by Picasa